On Tue, 21 Sep 2010 06:26:48  0900, "David R. Morrison"  wrote:

  > Also, I'm wondering if we should maybe enhance that validator test
so that if it finds a Shlibs with an incomplete pathname, it gives
additional advice (such as what Ben wrote in this email...)

I think the actual bug is"non-absolute install_name", not "non-absolute
Shlibs that correctly transcribes non-absolute install_name". So
something like this pseudocode:

if (not absolute path) {
  error "file $filename has install_name $i_n that is not an absolute path"
} elsif (no Shlibs entry) { ... # continue with existing error-checking

would point out where the real fix needs to be applied (binary data
within the .dylib), and once that's solved, continues by making sure
the Shlibs field matches it.

dan

  --
Daniel Macks