On Oct 13, 2010, at 8:15 AM, Ebrahim Mayat wrote:

> On Oct 13, 2010, at 8:08 AM, Martin Costabel wrote:
>
>> On 13/10/10 02:01, Daniel Johnson wrote:
>> []
>>> I tried updating audacious2-plugins to use fluidsynth1 but
>>> fluidsynth1  doesn't build for me on 10.6/x86_64 because freaking cmake is
>>> a moron
>>> and puts the library into lib64 instead of lib. Have I mentioned that I
>>> hate cmake?
>> []
>>> -- Installing:
>>> /sw/src/fink.build/root-fluidsynth1-1.1.3-378/sw/lib/fluidsynth1/lib64/pkgconfig/fluidsynth.pc
>>> -- Installing:
>>> /sw/src/fink.build/root-fluidsynth1-1.1.3-378/sw/lib/fluidsynth1/bin/fluidsynth
>>> -- Installing:
>>> /sw/src/fink.build/root-fluidsynth1-1.1.3-378/sw/lib/fluidsynth1/lib64/libfluidsynth.1.4.1.dylib
>>> -- Installing:
>>> /sw/src/fink.build/root-fluidsynth1-1.1.3-378/sw/lib/fluidsynth1/lib64/libfluidsynth.1.dylib
>>> -- Installing:
>>> /sw/src/fink.build/root-fluidsynth1-1.1.3-378/sw/lib/fluidsynth1/lib64/libfluidsynth.dylib
>>
>> Yes, cmake may be the best thing since sliced bread for developers, but for
>> packagers it is a nightmare.
>>
>> OTOH, fluidsynth1 has a patch file that looks like it should take care of
>> exactly your problem. For some reason unknown to me, the lines in
>> fluidsynth1.info that include the patchfile are commented out.
>>
>> You might want to try if uncommenting the PatchFile lines solves your
>> problem.
>>
>> I just see that Ebrahim has answered, too, but he seems unaware of the fact
>> that the PatchFile is currently not used at all.
>
> Right!  Yes, I missed that completely!
>
> Daniel, I do not have a 64-bit machine to try this but as Martin suggested
> first try uncommenting the PatchFile and the PatchFile-md5 fields and then if
> things still don't work, try my suggestion.
>
> Ebrahim

Ok, the patch is insufficient to fix the issue. There are other places
LIB_SUFFIX has to be patched out in both CMakeLists.txt and src/CMakeLists.txt.
I found that the following perl-pie fixes things for me:

PatchScript: perl -pi -e 's/\${LIB_SUFFIX}//' CMakeLists.txt src/CMakeLists.txt

You could do a patchfile if you like, but since there are several instances to
patch this seems easier.

Daniel