What's the perfect answer to the weather turning cool in the
Northern-hemisphere autumn? Why, setting "stable-only" users' CPUs on fire with
a massive set of package updates!

In unstable, KDE3 has a newer teeny-version and GNOME a new "upstream stable"
release version, and both suites (and their lower-level dependency libs) have
accumulated lots of upgrades and build-fixes and other tweaks too. It's all
been in unstable for months, and will be synced to stable this weekend unless
someone whines loudly ASAP. I'll try to keep it all sane during the process,
but there may be some transient problems--missing deps or build problems as I
fight with CVS commits and given how many fixes are for problems caused by
other fixes elsewhere in the tree, getting sanity among the various platforms,
etc.

Please help me by reporting last-minute bugs and committing last-minute fixes
in the next day or two. Then please do not commit anything while I do the
migration (hard-freeze, I will post again when I am actually about to start).
And then hold off on reporting anything busted until after I'm done.

dan

 --
Daniel Macks
 dma...@netspace.org