On 11-01-16 06:44 PM, Alexander Hansen wrote:

> On 1/16/11 6:41 PM, Kevin Horton wrote:

>>> Shouldn't you be using :ext: for non-anonymous logins?
>> Yeah, I found the answer on the sourceforge wiki about two minutes after
>> sending my plea for help.
>>
>> I did:
>>
>> export CVS_RSH=ssh
>> cvs -z3 -d:ext:my_login...@fink.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/fink
>> checkout dists
>>
>> and it worked.
>>
>> It might be nice to have some info on the fink wiki on developer access
>> to cvs.
>>
>> Thanks,
> It's buried in:
>
> http://www.finkproject.org/doc/multilingual/files.php?phpLang=en#change-checkout

That is in a section describing how to edit the Fink documentation
files.  I've never edited Fink documentation, so I would never have
looked at this page.  No one will find the info there.

I've saved the info I need in my personal repository of knowledge, so I
shouldn't have this problem again.  But, others might be helped if the
info was in a more obvious location, perhaps somewhere in the "Package
Maintainership" of the Fink Wiki.

Take care,
--

Kevin Horton