On 2/23/11 8:38 PM, Jean-François Mertens wrote:

> On 23 Feb 2011, at 14:33, Dominique Dhumieres wrote:
>
>> Updating to xvidcore-1.2.2-2 failed with:
>>
>> (1) G4 OSX 10.4.11
>
>>   L: libxvidcore.a
>> /usr/bin/ranlib: archive member: libxvidcore.a(cbp_mmx.o) cputype
>> (7) does not match previous archive members cputype (16777223) (all
>> members must match)
> had the same on 10.5.8 CoreDuo in 64bit
>
> got around by adding to %c
> " (%m = x86_64) --disable-assembly"

Yes, this would 'work', but lose any optimization, which is really
useful for this program.

> but reading the last item in the patchscript,
> there might be something to be fixed there ...

I'm actually surprised that the final version checked in yesterday
failed on 10.5/64bit.  Although I don't have a similar OS/arch setup, I
did manually build xvidcore by passing -arch and -m to gcc and yasm to
match the Fink build process, and it successfully built as 64bit on 10.5.

Can you go into the build directory %b/=build and use 'file' to check
the bit size for the various object files?  The yasm built ones are in
subdirs.  The error is being caused by a mismatch between the gcc and
asm built files, so perhaps they're not propagating somehow.

Also check in %b/platform.inc that the AFLAGS line has "-m amd64" right
before "-DARCH_IS_X86_64".  Finally, in the configure output, there's a
line about "architecture type".  Does it say "ia32"?

Hanspeter