On Mon, 28 Feb 2011 21:00:58 -0800,
"=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Jos=E9_H._Espinosa?="  wrote:
Hi,

  > I have a request from one of my users to move the current version of
  > clisp to stable.
  >
  > I take a look at the dependencies that will need to be move to stable
  > as part of the process and the only one that might be a little
  > troublesome is libgettext3-*
  >
  > The other dependencies that will need to be moves are libsigsegv2 and
  > ffcall but I don't see any reason for not moving them.
  >
  > Do we have any time frame to have livegettext3 move to stable?  Or,
  > if it will be possible to move clisp to stable by lowering the
  > version of gettext?

libgettext3-{dev,shlibs} has been in stable since about 2006. Heck, the
clisp presently in stable is even already using it. In fact,
libgettext3 is so old that many things have been shifting to using
libgettext8-{dev,shlibs} instead over the past few months. No harm in
staying with libgettext3, but I don't see how that affects anything.

ffcall and libsigsegv2 look fine to move.

dan

--
Daniel Macks
  dma...@netspace.org