On 22/04/11 21:51, Alexander Hansen wrote:

> Daniel Macks, Peter O'Gorman, and I (albeit to a lesser degree) have
> worked on getting the commit messages back up today, by directly
> invoking sendmail rather than streaming to localhost:25.
>
> We are now getting messages, but currently the From: field doesn't show
> the committer's sourceforge ID, and the Subject isn't working.

The Subject: is actually working, but is is glued to the end of the To:
field. You need another '\n' after the To: field. In principle also
after the Reply-to: field, but that one isn't used anyway, you could rip
it out.
I don't know how python's write(''' ... ''') works, but if you look at
your new model syncmail, he writes every line separately with its own
'\n'. Seems easier to debug.

Concerning the wrong fromhost, I don't understand why this worked before
(probably a change at sourceforge.) According to the descriptions in the
scripts, if you don't want the FQDN as fromhost, you need to give it to
syncmail explicitly as an option with the -f flag. This would mean
changing the "loginfo" script as follows:

- CVSROOT $CVSROOT/CVSROOT/syncmail -u %{sVv}
fink-comm...@lists.sourceforge.net
- DEFAULT $CVSROOT/CVSROOT/syncmail -u %{sVv}
fink-comm...@lists.sourceforge.net
+ CVSROOT $CVSROOT/CVSROOT/syncmail -u %{sVv} -f users.sourceforge.net
fink-comm...@lists.sourceforge.net
+ DEFAULT $CVSROOT/CVSROOT/syncmail -u %{sVv} -f users.sourceforge.net
fink-comm...@lists.sourceforge.net