On Sat, 17 Dec 2011 12:46:22 -0500, Alexander Hansen
<alexanderk.han...@gmail.com> wrote:

> 10.4/stable tree:
>
> $ fink build mysql-dev
> Password:
> Information about 12322 packages read in 2 seconds.
> The package 'mysql-dev' will be built without being installed.
>
> WARNING: The package mysql has a preferred Depends on mysql-client,
>   but mysql-client is an obsolete package.
>
> Reading dependency for mysql-3.23.58-1025...
> Reading build dependency for mysql-3.23.58-1025...
> Reading dependency for mysql-dev-3.23.58-1025...
> Reading dependency for mysql-shlibs-3.23.58-1025...
> Reading dependency for mysql-client-3.23.58-1025...
> WARNING: While resolving dependency "gdbm" for package
> "mysql-3.23.58-1025", package "gdbm" was not found.
> Can't resolve dependency "gdbm" for package "mysql-3.23.58-1025" (no
> matching
> packages/versions found)
>
> I don't think anything actually uses this ancient version of mysql, so
> maybe it should just be converted to a -shlibs for legacy support, as
> was gdbm.

That old mysql (Version 3) is already restricted to distributions
10.[45] only, but one still needs the dependencies in order to build it
(though I generally agree with the idea of sending unused libraries
into the land of only -shlibs on platforms where it exists at all).
Someone on that old dist needs to upgrade it to a newer gdbm dep or
else revive that old gdbm on those platforms.

Unrelatedly, the OBOSLETE warning is not resolveable, because the the
noted package is indeed obsolete in later versions even though it
wasn't when *this* package was the current version of it.

dan

  --
Daniel Macks
dma...@netspace.org

Learn Windows Azure Live!  Tuesday, Dec 13, 2011