Isn't the actual only difference between "framework" and "library" the
difference between using -F/-framework vs -L/-l flags when linking? And
the binary library inside .framework is really just a .dylib by a
different filenaming scheme. I can't envision any way that the linker
flags or filename/location could have any runtime effect at all, or
that any runtime-loading or configure-detection/makefile recipe
couldn't just have its flags changed to the normal-lib way.

dan

Daniel and Daniel,

  --
Daniel Macks