I'm planning some updates to Octave, and I figured it would be a good
time to apply a new upstream SuiteSparse.  I've put a .info and .patch
for version 3.7.1 on the submissions tracker:

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=3537215&group_id=17203&atid=414256

This the last in the 3.x series. It appears that SuiteSparse-4.x makes
some significant changes from our current version.  The suitesparse
dependents, octave* and scipy-py*, appear to be fine with the 3.7.1 package.
--
Alexander Hansen, Ph.D.
Fink User Liaison