On 8/1/12 5:07 PM, Xiaoguang Xue wrote:
> I have no idea if this topic fit for this list. But I really want to
> follow the rules, don't want to cross post my question. If you think
> other mail lists (such as fink-users or fink-beginners) will be better,
> please let me know, or just repost it to there. Thanks!
>
> On Thu, Aug 2, 2012 at 2:00 AM, Xiaoguang Xue <bio...@gmail.com
> <mailto:bio...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hi, everyone
>
>     I just upgrade my system to Mountain Lion (clean install from a
>     DVD). But when I try to install a package named ppl9-0.11.2-3 from
>     fink, I met an error.
>
>     /Can't resolve dependency "system-java-dev" for package
>     "ppl9-0.11.2-3" (no/
>     /matching packages/versions found)/
>
>     I already installed Xcode 4.4, command line tools
>     and javadeveloper_for_os_x_2012004__11m3720.dmg
>
>     Anyone have some suggestions? Thanks!
>
>     --
>     Xiaoguang Xue, PhD student
>     Utrecht University
>     Crystal & Structural Chemistry
>     Padualaan 8. Room N807
>     3584 CH Utrecht
>     The Netherlands
>     Tel. +31-30-253-2383 <tel:%2B31-30-253-2383>

-devel is fine.

This appears to be related to https://github.com/fink/fink/issues/42 .

We also had one of our maintainers mention that he does _not_ have this
issue, but he may well not have done a clean install.

As a workaround while we sort this issue out, my best recommendation
would be to edit /sw/fink/dists/stable/main/finkinfo/devel/ppl9.info (as
a super user) and remove the system-java-dev entry in the BuildDepends
block.  (and the "," after m4 in that block, too).
--
Alexander Hansen, Ph.D.
Fink User Liaison