On 8/27/12 1:35 PM, Alexander Hansen wrote:
> On 8/27/12 11:57 AM, DJamé Seddah wrote:
>> Hi everyone,
>> I've tried everything I could find to get xemacs to display utf8  and so far
>> I failed. I'll be really glad if someone could provide some help or a binary
>> compiled with the mule option.
>>
>> I even tried to compile xemacs 21.5.29 with some of Choi's patches (the
>> author of the carbon version) but the compilation failed badly.
>> By any chance did someone manage to compile it?
>>
>> I'm not very informative but as 21.5.29 is not on the fink's list, it's
>> probably not the right place to issue a bug report.
>>

>> Best,
>> Djamé
>>

> Did "everything" include making a local copy of the package description,
> along the lines of:
>
> http://finkers.wordpress.com/2009/07/24/creating-local-packages/
>
> then editing the ConfigureParams and adding "--with-mule"?
>
> If not, try that and let us know what happens.
>

>From the --help option for xemacs' configure script:

Internationalization options:

--with-mule             (Bool) Support non-Latin-1 (including Asian)
languages.
--with-xim=TYPE         (Enum) Support X Input Method protocol.  Types:
                        `motif'(*), `xlib', `no'.  Requires Mule.
--with-canna (*)        (Bool) Support the Canna input method.  Requires
Mule.
--with-wnn (*)          (Bool) Support the Wnn input methods.  Requires
Mule.
--with-wnn6 (*)         (Bool) Support the commercial version of Wnn.
--with-xfs              (Bool) Support internationalized menubar via
XFontSets.
                        `--with-menubars=lucid' (the default) is desirable.
                        Incompatible with `--with-xim=motif'.

--
Alexander Hansen, Ph.D.
Fink User Liaison