On Jan 1, 2013, at 8:38 PM, BABA Yoshihiko <baba.yoshih...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Daniel,
>
> Yet again qgis dependency issue.
>
> qgis17-py builddepends on a specific version set of sip-py (= 4.12.3) and
> pyqt4-mac-py (= 4.8.6).  Is it OK to keep these versions along the latest?
>
> Thanks
> --
> BABA Yoshihiko
> http://www.uclmail.net/users/babayoshihiko

Really? 4.8.6 is over a year old and the version in fink now, 4.9.4, is from
this past summer and I haven't even bothered to update to the latest one since
it would be mostly for compatibility with qt5, which we are unlikely to get any
time soon. I don't see how we can have multiple versions of pyqt4 at the same
time without breaking things terribly. Does it really need that one specific
version? That seems extremely poor design to say the least. I'm open to
suggestions, but I'm not sure how to deal with this.

Daniel