On 9/02/13 17:22, William G. Scott wrote:
> Hi folks (Martin et al.):
>
> I'm trying to put together a fink package for rdkit, which is a new
> dependency for coot (which I maintain). rdkit requires a fairly recent
> version of boost.  I can build it using version 1.53.   Fink has 1.35, which
> is a bit long in the tooth.  (I also tried using boost1.46.1.cmake.  I got
> nowhere, but this might be simply the vastness of my own ignorance.)
>
> In any case, would it be possible to get a boost1.53 package ?  Right now I
> am building the required library within my nascent rdkit package, but this is
> a bandaid approach.

Hi,

just yesterday, someone sent me a package description for 1.52. As
usual, there are problems with the boost-python libs and the build
system has slightly changed. But maybe this might be useful for 1.53, too.

Since I haven't looked at this for a very long time (boost-cmake seemed
to be the wave of the future), I cannot tell how long it will take me to
get something acceptable, but I'll have a look. The users of the boost
libraries seem to fall into one of two classes: Those who don't care
about python and those who *only* want the libboost-python libs and
don't care about the rest. Maybe two separate package descriptions might
simplify the update process.