Sorry.  Numpy version 1.7 is not backwards compatible with previous versions,
which is what led to the error.

As you suspected, it has been fixed in the more recent versions of Galsim
(including 0.5).  However, I was planning to hold off upgrading the fink
version until we come out with version 0.6 (or we might call it 1.0 actually),
probably around mid-August.  That will be a big milestone for us when we expect
our user base to increase significantly, since we'll be presenting Galsim as
part of a kickoff meeting for a weak lensing challenge called Great3 (the
primary project for which we've been developing Galsim).

If you think this is a problem, I could upgrade now, and then again in a few
weeks.  But I suspect our user base is small enough currently that it would be
ok to wait without inconveniencing anyone.

Peace,
Mike