On 8/13/2013 5:04 AM, Martin Costabel wrote:
> On 11/08/13 19:11, Hanspeter Niederstrasser wrote:
>> Martin,
>>
>> Your package h5utils currently can't update to use libpng > 14.  The
>> attached patch allows it to build with libpng16.  It also builds with
>> hd5.8 and libjpeg9 (though I don't see any actual use of the libjpeg9
>> library).  Also, note that libmatheval is now available in the 10.7
>> tree, and h5utils links to it if found.
>
> Thanks, I am working on it (needs update to gcc-4.8, too, along with
> meep and some other packages).
>
> Concerning libmatheval, it didn't build for me, because of
>
> libtool: link: gcc -dynamiclib -Wl,-undefined -Wl,dynamic_lookup -o
> .libs/libmatheval.1.dylib  .libs/parser.o .libs/scanner.o .libs/error.o
> .libs/matheval.o .libs/g77_interface.o .libs/node.o .libs/symbol_table.o
> .libs/xmalloc.o .libs/xmath.o   -L/sw/lib -lfl -lm  -O2   -install_name
>   /sw/lib/libmatheval.1.dylib -compatibility_version 2 -current_version
> 2.0 -Wl,-single_module
> ld: library not found for -lfl
> clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see
> invocation)
> make[2]: *** [libmatheval.la] Error 1
>
> The error goes away when Fink's flex package is installed (provides
> /sw/lib/libfl.a).

Interesting.  I have /usr/bin/libfl.a on 10.7/Xcode 4.6.2, which seems
to suffice if our 'flex' is not installed.  I guess it got removed.

> This loosk like an upstream bug in the libmatheval config phase;
> configure tests for -lfl and doesn't find it, but lib/Makefile places it
> on the linker command line anyway, instead of the -ll that configure had
> found.

libs/Makefile.in hardcodes -lfl for the linker flags.  What happens if
you add

perl -pi -e 's|-lfl|\@LEXLIB\@|g' lib/Makefile.in

to PatchScript?  That should make lib/Makefile.in accept the configure
result. It worked on 10.7 when I forced it to find -ll, but I want to
make sure that it also works when there's no physical libfl.a present.

Hanspeter