On 7/14/2013 11:03 PM, Trevor Harmon wrote:
> I was able to reproduce the error, but I don't know how to resolve it. Should
> itk and tklib be marked as conflicting with each other?
>
> I know very little about Tk and the tklib package. I created the package only
> because some other library I needed years ago had a dependency on it, and I
> submitted the .info in the hope that someone else might find it useful. If
> anyone would like to take over maintenance, feel free.
>
> Trevor
>
> On Jun 12, 2013, at 3:15 AM, Hanspeter Niederstrasser
> <f...@snaggledworks.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> While trying to install Fink's itk and tklib, the following error occurs:
>>
>> The following 2 packages will be installed or updated:
>> itk iwidgets
>> Reading buildlock packages...
>>      All buildlocks accounted for.
>> /sw/bin/dpkg-lockwait -i
>> /sw/fink/dists/stable/main/binary-darwin-x86_64/languages/itk_3.4-100_darwin-x86_64.deb
>> (Reading database ... 318946 files and directories currently installed.)
>> Unpacking itk (from .../itk_3.4-100_darwin-x86_64.deb) ...
>> dpkg: error processing
>> /sw/fink/dists/stable/main/binary-darwin-x86_64/languages/itk_3.4-100_darwin-x86_64.deb
>>  (--install):
>> trying to overwrite '/sw/share/man/mann/widget.n', which is also in package
>> tklib 0.5-1
>> Errors were encountered while processing:
>> /sw/fink/dists/stable/main/binary-darwin-x86_64/languages/itk_3.4-100_darwin-x86_64.deb
>>
>> Hanspeter

Apologies for not replying earlier.  itk and tklib can't Conflicts
because I need them for the same package :) There are two easy
alternatives: 1) they can 'Replaces' each other, which allows for files
form one package to overwrite files from the other w/out having the
entire package swapped out, or 2) move or delete the overlapping file
from one of the two packages.

itk already deletes toplevel.n to avoid a conflict with tcltk.  It would
make sense to have itk move widget.n to widget-itk.n or some such.  We
can also use update-alternatives, but that's a big hammer for a little
issue.

Hanspeter