On Mon, 21 Oct 2013 03:03:05 -0400, Daniel Macks <dma...@netspace.org> wrote:
On Sun, 20 Oct 2013 11:45:21 -0400, Jack Howarth
> <howa...@bromo.med.uc.edu>
> wrote:
> Baba,
> >    There are few issues which should be addressed in >
> librasterlite2.info. While you are upgrading dependencies, please fix
> the following mistakes:
>
>    SetCPPFLAGS: -I%i/include
>
> is clearly wrong. That means you are virtually guaranteed to get the
> wrong headers if testing alternate build options in succession. The
> "current" build will see the "previous" one's InstallScript results
> in preference to the current one. And:
>
>   SetCPPFLAGS: -I%p/include
>
> is already automatically passed there as the default. No need to pass
> it twice.  This package also fails Shlibs Policy. You're not allowed
> to list a file in the Shlibs field if that filename does not actually
> exist in the package. So:
>
>   Shlibs: !%p/lib/librasterlite.2.dylib
>
> in %N when %p/lib/librasterlite.2.dylib is in %N-shlibs is not right.

I just noticed that this even trips a validator warning on the .deb.
Definitely a bad idea to commit a package that does not pass validator
without getting a second opinion on whether it is a package mistake or
a validator mistake.

> You even already list the file in the Shlibs entry of %N-shlibs. And
> that entry:
>
>   Shlibs: %p/lib/librasterlite.2.dylib  3.0.0 %n (>= 1.1g-1) 32
>
> looks suspicious. 'lipo -info' says the file is actually 64-bit not
> 32-bit (and it should have semed *really* weird to claim a 32-bit
> library in a 64-bit distro anyway). Is the install_name_tool trick
> really needed? During the compile phase, I see:
>
>   libtool: link: gcc -dynamiclib  -o .libs/librasterlite.2.dylib
> .libs/rasterlite_io.o .libs/rasterlite_image.o .libs/rasterlite_aux.o
> .libs/rasterlite_quantize.o .libs/rasterlite_gif.o
> .libs/rasterlite_png.o .libs/rasterlite_jpeg.o
> .libs/rasterlite_tiff.o .libs/rasterlite_version.o
> .libs/rasterlite.o   -L/sw/lib /sw/lib/libsqlite3.dylib -lm
> /sw/lib/libpng15.dylib /sw/lib/libspatialite.dylib
> /sw/lib/libgeotiff.dylib /sw/lib/libproj.dylib /sw/lib/libtiff.dylib
> /sw/lib/libjpeg.dylib -lz  -O2   -pthread -install_name
> /sw/lib/librasterlite.2.dylib -compatibility_version 3
> -current_version 3.0 -Wl,-single_module
>
> so install_name is already being correctly set. If something is
> breaking or resetting it later, please document it so others will not
> be confused (and maybe even know how to fix it).

dan

  --
Daniel Macks
dma...@netspace.org