At various times, we've have setuptools-pyXX and distribute-pyXX forking and
developing and re-merging and whatnot. It all settled down a few months ago,
with the single modern setuptools-tng-pyXX package. It also supplies (via a
SplitOff wrapper packages tagged as fink-obsolete-packages and a Provides
thereof) the old-named ones, and many other -pyXX packages still use those. But
the f-o-p triggers a warning (or error in -m mode). The old-named packages
really don't "exist" except as a fink packaging game for other packages'
dependencies. Unless I hear any objections, tomorrow I plan to mass migrate all
packages to use the new dependency.

dan

 --
Daniel Macks