On 1/24/2014 5:06 AM, Sébastien Maret wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> The translated versions of the Fink webpage are outdated. For example, the
> last news on the French version:
>
> http://www.finkproject.org/index.php?phpLang=fr
>
> is more than three years old 2012-04-09. In addition, the « Status » sections
> does not mention 10.8, nor 10.9. Both the news and the status section are in
> english anyway.
>
> Users who have set their system in French land automatically on the French
> version of the page. From what they see on the webpage they may think that
> the project is dead.
>
> Since nobody seems to translate the pages anymore, I wonder if we should
> continue having versions in languages other than english.

I'm currently doing a minor update to at least have the different
language front pages include the English version of the news and status
(non-native language is better than no info).  I'll be happy to use the
correct language is someone sends me the text.  It doesn't have to be
properly formatted, I can do that before committing.

Hanspeter