David,
       Since fink assumes that the user will have installed the command
line tools, we should use those locations for the c++ headers. However,
because fink has a binary distribution again, llvm34 should have a post
installation script in the clang34 split-off that checks for these expected
system c++ header directories and if they aren't present either throws an
error in the package installation or perhaps even invokes 'xcode-select
--install' to automatically install the missing command line tools.
                  Jack