On 6/7/2014 8:06 PM, Daniel Johnson wrote:

> On Jun 7, 2014, at 7:48 AM, Jack Howarth <howarth.at.f...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Daniel,
>>         The pyqt4-py27-4.10.4-1 packaging in the 10.7 tree is failing to
>> build. Here on 10.8 against Xcode 5.1.1, it fails with…
>>
>> c++ -headerpad_max_install_names -L/sw/lib/system-openssl/lib -bundle
>> -L/sw/lib/python2.7/config -ldl -Wl,-framework,CoreFoundation -lpython2.7 -o
>> QtCore.so sipQtCorecmodule.o
>> sipQtCoreQList0600QPair0100QByteArray0100QByteArray.o
>> sipQtCoreQList0600QPair0100QString0100QString.o
>> sipQtCoreQSet0101QAbstractState.o sipQtCoreQList0101QAbstractTransition.o
>> sipQtCoreQList0100QUrl.o sipQtCoreQList0101QAbstractAnimation.o
>> sipQtCoreQList0101QAbstractState.o sipQtCoreQHash18000100QByteArray.o
>> sipQtCoreQMap18000100QVariant.o sipQtCoreQList0100QByteArray.o
>> sipQtCoreQVector0100QXmlStreamNotationDeclaration.o
>> sipQtCoreQVector0100QXmlStreamNamespaceDeclaration.o
>> sipQtCoreQVector0100QXmlStreamEntityDeclaration.o
>> sipQtCoreQMap0100QString0100QVariant.o sipQtCoreQList0100QVariant.o
>> sipQtCoreQHash0100QString0100QVariant.o
>> sipQtCoreQVector0600QPair24000100QVariant.o sipQtCoreQList0101QObject.o
>> sipQtCoreQList0100QModelIndex.o sipQtCoreQList0100QFileInfo.o
>> sipQtCoreQPyNullVariant_5.o sipQtCoreQXmlStreamWri
ter.o sipQtCoreQXmlStreamReader.o sipQtCoreQXmlStreamEntityResolver.o
sipQtCoreQXmlStreamEntityDeclaration.o sipQtCoreQXmlStreamNotationDeclaration.o
sipQtCoreQXmlStreamNamespaceDeclaration.o sipQtCoreQXmlStreamAttributes.o
sipQtCoreQXmlStreamAttribute.o sipQtCoreQWaitCondition.o sipQtCoreQVector2400.o
sipQtCoreQVector1900.o sipQtCoreQVector1800.o sipQtCoreQList0100QVariantType.o
sipQtCoreQVariant_5.o sipQtCoreQVariant_4.o sipQtCoreQUuid.o
sipQtCoreQUrlFormattingOptions.o sipQtCoreQUrl.o sipQtCoreQTranslator.o
sipQtCoreQTimer.o sipQtCoreQTimeLine.o sipQtCoreQThreadPool.o
sipQtCoreQThread.o sipQtCoreQTextStreamManipulator.o
sipQtCoreQTextStreamNumberFlags.o sipQtCoreQTextStream.o
sipQtCoreQTextDecoder.o sipQtCoreQTextEncoder.o
sipQtCoreQTextCodecConverterState.o sipQtCoreQTextCodecConversionFlags.o
sipQtCoreQTextCodec.o sipQtCoreQTextBoundaryFinderBoundaryReasons.o
sipQtCoreQTextBoundaryFinder.o sipQtCoreQTemporaryFile.o
sipQtCoreQSystemSemaphore.o sipQtCoreQStringMatcher_0.o sipQtCore
QStringList_0.o sipQtCoreQStringList_1.o sipQtCoreQStringRef_0.o
sipQtCoreQStringRef_1.o sipQtCoreQLatin1String_0.o
sipQtCoreQStringSectionFlags_0.o sipQtCoreQString_0.o sipQtCoreQString_1.o
sipQtCoreQStateMachineWrappedEvent.o sipQtCoreQStateMachineSignalEvent.o
sipQtCoreQStateMachine.o sipQtCoreQState.o sipQtCoreQSocketNotifier.o
sipQtCoreQSizeF.o sipQtCoreQSize.o sipQtCoreQSignalTransition.o
sipQtCoreQSignalMapper.o sipQtCoreQSharedMemory.o sipQtCoreQSettings.o
sipQtCoreQSet1900.o sipQtCoreQSet1800.o sipQtCoreQSequentialAnimationGroup.o
sipQtCoreQSemaphore.o sipQtCoreQRunnable.o sipQtCoreQResource.o
sipQtCoreQRegExp.o sipQtCoreQRectF.o sipQtCoreQRect.o sipQtCoreQWriteLocker.o
sipQtCoreQReadLocker.o sipQtCoreQReadWriteLock.o sipQtCoreQProcessEnvironment.o
sipQtCoreQProcess.o sipQtCoreQPointF.o sipQtCoreQPoint.o
sipQtCoreQPluginLoader.o sipQtCoreQPropertyAnimation.o
sipQtCoreQVariantAnimation.o sipQtCoreQPauseAnimation.o
sipQtCoreQParallelAnimationGroup.o sipQtCoreQPair19001900.o sip
QtCoreQPair18001800.o sipQtCoreQGenericReturnArgument.o
sipQtCoreQGenericArgument.o sipQtCoreQMetaObject.o
sipQtCoreQObjectCleanupHandler.o sipQtCoreQWidget.o sipQtCoreQMutexLocker.o
sipQtCoreQMutex.o sipQtCoreQMimeData.o sipQtCoreQMetaType.o
sipQtCoreQMetaClassInfo.o sipQtCoreQMetaProperty.o sipQtCoreQMetaEnum.o
sipQtCoreQMetaMethod.o sipQtCoreQMargins.o sipQtCoreQList0100QLocaleCountry.o
sipQtCoreQSystemLocale.o sipQtCoreQLocaleNumberOptions.o sipQtCoreQLocale.o
sipQtCoreQList2400.o sipQtCoreQList1900.o sipQtCoreQList1800.o
sipQtCoreQList0600QPair24002400.o sipQtCoreQList0600QPair18001800.o
sipQtCoreQLineF.o sipQtCoreQLine.o sipQtCoreQLibraryInfo.o
sipQtCoreQLibraryLoadHints.o sipQtCoreQLibrary.o sipQtCoreQIODeviceOpenMode.o
sipQtCoreQHistoryState.o sipQtCoreQFSFileEngine.o sipQtCoreQFinalState.o
sipQtCoreQFileSystemWatcher.o sipQtCoreQFileInfo.o sipQtCoreQFilePermissions.o
sipQtCoreQFile.o sipQtCoreQEventTransition.o
sipQtCoreQEventLoopProcessEventsFlags.o sipQtCoreQEventLoop.o sip
QtCoreQElapsedTimer.o sipQtCoreQEasingCurve.o
sipQtCoreQDirIteratorIteratorFlags.o sipQtCoreQDirIterator.o
sipQtCoreQDirSortFlags.o sipQtCoreQDirFilters.o sipQtCoreQDir.o
sipQtCoreQDateTime.o sipQtCoreQTime.o sipQtCoreQDate.o sipQtCoreQDataStream.o
sipQtCoreQCryptographicHash.o sipQtCoreQDynamicPropertyChangeEvent.o
sipQtCoreQChildEvent.o sipQtCoreQTimerEvent.o sipQtCoreQEvent.o
sipQtCoreQCoreApplication.o sipQtCoreQChar_0.o sipQtCoreQChar_1.o
sipQtCoreQLatin1Char_0.o sipQtCoreQByteArrayMatcher.o sipQtCoreQByteArray.o
sipQtCoreQBuffer.o sipQtCoreQIODevice.o sipQtCoreQBitArray.o
sipQtCoreQBasicTimer.o sipQtCoreQAnimationGroup.o
sipQtCoreQAbstractTransition.o sipQtCoreQAbstractState.o
sipQtCoreQAbstractListModel.o sipQtCoreQAbstractTableModel.o
sipQtCoreQAbstractItemModel.o sipQtCoreQPersistentModelIndex.o
sipQtCoreQModelIndex.o sipQtCoreQAbstractFileEngineIterator.o
sipQtCoreQAbstractFileEngineHandler.o sipQtCoreQAbstractFileEngineFileFlags.o
sipQtCoreQAbstractFileEngine.o sipQtCoreQAb
stractEventDispatcher.o sipQtCoreQAbstractAnimation.o sipQtCoreQObject.o
sipQtCoreQSet0100QtDayOfWeek.o sipQtCoreQtGestureFlags.o
sipQtCoreQtTouchPointStates.o sipQtCoreQtInputMethodHints.o
sipQtCoreQtTextInteractionFlags.o sipQtCoreQtMatchFlags.o
sipQtCoreQtItemFlags.o sipQtCoreQtDropActions.o sipQtCoreQtToolBarAreas.o
sipQtCoreQtDockWidgetAreas.o sipQtCoreQtImageConversionFlags.o
sipQtCoreQtWindowStates.o sipQtCoreQtWindowFlags.o sipQtCoreQtAlignment.o
sipQtCoreQtOrientations.o sipQtCoreQtMouseButtons.o
sipQtCoreQtKeyboardModifiers.o sipQtCoreQt.o sipQtCorequintptr.o
sipQtCoreQSysInfo.o
-L/sw/src/fink.build/pyqt4-py27-4.10.4-1/PyQt-x11-gpl-4.10.4/qpy/QtCore
-L/sw/lib/qt4-x11/lib -lqpycore -lQtCore -L/sw/lib/system-openssl/lib
-L/sw/lib/freetype219/lib -L/sw/lib/fontconfig2/lib -L/sw/lib -L/usr/X11R6/lib
-L/sw/lib/qt4-x11/lib -liconv -Wl,-framework,Cocoa -Wl,-framework,AppKit
-Wl,-framework,ApplicationServices -Wl,-framework,SystemConfiguration -lcrypto
-lpng -lresolv -lssl -lz
>> clang: error: no such file or directory: 'sipQtCoreQWidget.o'
>> make[1]: *** [QtCore.so] Error 1
>> make[1]: Leaving directory
>> `/sw/src/fink.build/pyqt4-py27-4.10.4-1/PyQt-x11-gpl-4.10.4/QtCore'
>>
>> There are no prior compile failures in the build prior to the link failure.
>> We did update dbus last week but the absence of binary packages suggests
>> that the breakage predates that change.
>>          Jack
>
> The x11 pyqt4 is seriously bitrotted. I never use it and now since qt4-mac
> and qt4-x11 have started diverging it's getting hard to keep it working. I
> suspect that the issue is that pyqt4 4.10.4 doesn't build with sip-py 4.16,
> which is needed for pyqt4-mac 4.11. I just spent a couple of hours trying to
> get pyqt4 4.11 to build for x11 and failed repeatedly. The build system has
> changed substantially and no longer builds. I haven't found a way to get it
> to pass the python link flags to make which results in undefined symbols.
> I'll try again tomorrow but I might have to abandon the package otherwise.
> Getting x11 pyqt4 to build has always been pretty hacky. It's not really well
> supported since they expect Mac users to use the Aqua-based qt4.

And to follow up about qt4-x11, I tried to build qt4-x11-4.8 when I was
testing qt4-mac-4.8 and was unable to get it to build.  I think at one
point I was able to trick the build system into not assuming OS X=aqua,
but had compilation errors left and right because many subsystems were
still trying to build *_mac.mm files, which were no longer relevant.

Hanspeter