use "tmux". perfect screen replacement. Best wishes - jack fink

Alexander Hansen <alexanderk.han...@gmail.com> schrieb am 16:20 Sonntag,
13.Juli 2014:

On 7/13/14, 6:30 AM, Kevin Horton wrote:
> A long, long time ago, there was a Fink package for GNU screen.  That
> package never made it past 10.4 transitional.
>
> I’m having issues using Apple’s /usr/bin/screen, and wonder whether it
> is time to once again have a Fink screen package.  Specifically, screen
> hangs if I start it after sshing into either of my OS X computers.  I
> can start screen locally, detach, and connect to it over ssh.  But I can
> never start screen once sshing into a box.
>
> I see I’m not alone, and I note that someone claims to have identified a
> fix.
>
> http://earthwithsun.com/questions/163881/cant-start-gnu-screen-on-snow-leopard
> http://earthwithsun.com/questions/207654/gnu-screen-freezes-when-starting-session-over-ssh-works-locally-whats-wrong
>
> Am I the only one with this problem?  If others have identified a
> convenient work around, I’d love to learn about it.  If there is no
> workaround, I’ll have a go at a Fink screen package, unless someone else
> wants to do that.  Or, is there a working equivalent to screen I can try?
>
> Thank,
>
> --
> Kevin Horton

I have a vague recollection that we pulled screen on 10.5 because at
that time Apple's was the same or a newer version and behaved better in
some regard--I'm not sure what the nature of the issue was, though.

You might check out tmux as a workaround.
--
Alexander Hansen, Ph.D.
Fink User Liaison