1) A while back I proposed having 10.9 and 10.10 share a tree.  This
would involve:

1) Putting out a fink which knows not to symlink 10.9 to 10.7
2) Generate the a tree in cvs (since it's unlikely that we're going to
have git update going in short order)
3) Maintainers doing 10.9-related updates in that tree.

There's a fairly large divergence between 10.8 and 10.9, and from the
relatively limited 10.10 feedback we've gotten the 10.9 - 10.10
divergence seems smaller, so this seems like it would be less of a
hassle for maintainers than starting a 10.10 tree.  In principle we
could could just stay in 10.7/ , but selfupdates become a longer process.

Any strong opinions?

2) Does anybody have a strong objection to not having an upgrade path
between 10.9 and 10.10?  They're using the same C++ standard.

--
Alexander Hansen, Ph.D.
Fink User Liaison