On Sun, August 3, 2014 10:09 pm, Daniel Macks wrote:
> Should we make a validator test for if:
>   Package:*-pm(\d+)
> then require:
>   Depends:perl\1-core
> ?
>
> Should it be a .info test or a .dep test?
>
> I tried a few grep-based heuristics on dists/10.7/finkinfo and found 40-80
> such missing.

Probably doesn't hurt to have a val test.

It should be a .info test, I think.  If a deb is built w/ perlXXX-core
present, but used where absent, the runtime error is pretty obvious. But a
build w/out perl5.x.y around will fail.

Hanspeter

--
More agile than a turtle, stronger than a mouse, nobler than a lettuce