AKH mentioned that GNOME no longer published their mirror list. I
contacted them and go the following response.

Hanspeter

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: [gnome.org #14588] GNOME mirrors list disappeared
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2014 10:38:24 +0000
From: Andrea Veri via RT <supp...@gnome.org>
To: f...@snaggledworks.com
CC: gnome-infrastruct...@gnome.org

On Fri Oct 17 19:03:29 2014, f...@snaggledworks.com wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The list of GNOME download mirrors linked to from
> https://wiki.gnome.org/Sysadmin/Mirrors is a 404 link.  Is there another
> list of current GNOME mirrors?  Thanks,

The mirrorlist has been removed as we totally switched our mirroring
system to use Mirrorbrain which lists all the available mirrors for each
of the files you can find at download.gnome.org.

Where can you find such list? By clicking the 'Details' link on the
right side of each file, an example. [1]

I'm updating the wiki page now to reflect this change, thanks for
reporting the information there was misleading!

I'm closing the ticket, please re-open if there's more.

[1] https://download.gnome.org/WELCOME.msg.mirrorlist

--
Andrea,
GNOME Sysadmin