> On Jan 27, 2015, at 6:28 PM, Jack Howarth <howarth.at.f...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Alexander,
>       As I mentioned on fink irc, the newest relax-py 3.3.5 release
> no longer recommends wxgtk2.8. My initial attempt to create a
> wxpython300-py package using wxwidgets300-cocoa revealed that this
> won't work due to the error...
>
> This program needs access to the screen.
> Please run with a Framework build of python, and only when you are
> logged in on the main display of your Mac.
>
> when 'relax --gui' attempts to run.
>    So the only immediate solution is to create the missing
> wxwidgets300-gtk2 package for  wxpython300-py to use instead (as we
> are unlikely to see a framework python in fink anytime soon).
>    My initial attempts at the -gtk2 variant shows that we will have
> to bury the shared libraries of the -gtk2 variant as there is will be
> a filename collision between wxwidgets300-cocoa-shlibs and
> wxwidgets300-gtk2-shlibs over the common shared libs...
>
> %p/lib/libwx_baseu-%type_raw[lib].dylib
> %p/lib/libwx_baseu_net-%type_raw[lib].dylib
> %p/lib/libwx_baseu_xml-%type_raw[lib].dylib
>
> So the packaging will be kinda of ugly with one variant burying their
> shared libs and not the other.
>           Jack

I’ve got a couple of  orthogonal thoughts here.

1)  I’d be up for creating a new name for the Cocoa variant, like
wxwidgets300-mac, and having that and the gtk2 variant use a common .info file
and install their files in %p/opt/wxwidgets300-{mac|gtk2} , respectively.
That adheres to our policies by avoiding file collisions and having to force
rebuild reverse-dependent packages.

2)  There’s a precedent for using the system’s Python—most the packages noted
with “system python” in their names link to the system’s Python.framework.
--
Alexander Hansen, Ph.D.
Fink User Liaison