On 18.03.2015, at 21:18, Jack Howarth <howarth.at.f...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Note though that we have never had an explicit TestDepends or
> BuildDepends on gcc4x to insure that gfortran is present when that
> test is run. Do we have any idea when the last time a successful 'fink
> -m' was done on an automake### package?

Well, I can't say for sure when the last time was this happened, but I can
definitely say that the full test suited, including fort4.sh, passed on my
system two days ago. I.e. just before I committed automake1.15 to CVS (with
Chris' permission). That was On Mac OS X 10.8.5.

>  I tried removing fink gawk,
> make and bash. None of those had any impact on the failure.

All of those are installed on my system. Any particular reason why you picked
those packages specifically?

In
 http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-automake/2015-02/msg00000.html

you mention this error:

ERROR: files left in build directory after distclean:
./goodbye.dSYM/Contents/Info.plist

Which makes me wonder: Did you have the Fink libtool2 package installed when
building automake 1.15?

Anyway, I'll try to investigate some more. But not being able to reproduce this
myself naturally makes it a tad harder to do so.

Cheers,
Max