> On Feb 10, 2016, at 14:55, Derek Homeier
> <de...@astro.physik.uni-goettingen.de> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> when building the updated matplotlib package in maintainer mode, after the
> tests are run I am
> still getting the dreaded verification error for the .deb:
>
> Error: Compiled python module points to fink build dir.
>
> Uncommenting the cleanup line does not help, because after a few Fails and
> Errors in the
> test suite the script exits immediately. I have not found any way to exit the
> python command
> with the test with a nonzero return value that would not cause ‘bash -e’ to
> immediately exit,
> so the only way to get rid of the compiled files and still save the test
> result might be to do
> the cleanup within the python call itself:
>
> %p/bin/python%type_raw[python] -B -c 'import matplotlib as m, os, sys;
> r=m.test(verbosity=1); os.system("find
> %b/build/lib.macosx-*-%type_raw[python] -name \*.py[oc] -exec rm {} \;");
> sys.exit(1-r)'
>
> lets the test phase finish with a warning for the current bunch of failures,
> and should pass if
> the tests all succeed. Bit lengthy perhaps, but it sees to do the job.
>
> Cheers,
>                                       Derek

How about putting the command (or perhaps a different one) at the end of the
InstallScript instead and apply it to the deb root directory (%i)?  The
.deb-directory validation is run after the InstallScript.

If the package is building the .deb differently depending on whether the test
suite is run or not, it breaks our fundamental premise of invariant .debs.

--
Alexander Hansen, Ph.D.
Fink User Liaison