I have a question and maybe an issue for the fink cognoscenti.

I maintain a package (duplicity) for doing encrypted backups that has an
extensive testing phase.  That testing phase is failing under fink.  However
during that testing, the routines unpack a tar.gz file to create a directory
structure for backing up and restoring.

In looking at the files, they seem to have the user/group ownership of the tar
file and not fink-bld.  I find several other files such as byte compiled python
files to have ownership as root and not as fink-bld.  There are a couple of
test scripts that end up as fink-bld as the owner but wheel as the group.

If the testing phase were executed as root, then it would unpack the tar file
as the original owner and not use fink-bld as the owner.  If the following
command is done:
sudo -u fink-bld tar xzf testfiles.tar.gz

Then it will unpack the files as the correct owner/group for testing.  But of
course the distributed test script does not hardwire in a fink-bld user for
testing.

Is this a fink issue?   I was just trying to get my updated package to pass the
testing phase.

-Scott