> On Jun 24, 2017, at 15:19, Scott Hannahs via Fink-devel
> <fink-devel@lists.sourceforge.net> wrote:
>
> I need a bit of help with a fink package.  I don’t fully understand the
> Shlibs: tag in a fink package.  I am trying to create a package for a dynamic
> library.  The library builds correctly.  However it just builds the library
> as cryptopp.dylib in the midst of the source files.
>
> The discussion of the SHLIBS tag in the packaging manual seems a bit obscure
> to me.
>
> Here is the relevant part of the package as I have it now following another
> library package as a template.
>
> NoSourceDirectory: True
> CompileScript: make dynamic
> InfoTest: <<
>  TestScript: make test || exit2
> <<
> DocFiles: Install.txt License.txt Readme.txt
> InstallScript: make install PREFIX=%i
> SplitOff: <<
>   Package: %N-shlibs
>   Files: <<
>      lib/libcryptopp.dylib
>    <<
>   Shlibs: <<
>      %p/lib/libcryptopp.dylib 5.6.0 %n (>= 5.6.5-5)
>   <<
> <<
> SplitOff2: <<
>   Package: %N-dev
>   Depends: %N-shlibs (= %v-%r)
>   BuildDependsOnly: true
>   Files: <<
>      include
>   <<
> <<
>
> the package goes and build both the dylib and .a libraries, but has a problem
> installing them.  The deb file does not pass authentication when I run fink
> in -m mode.
>
> When I try to build with the -km flags, I get the following:
>
> Validating .deb dir /sw/src/fink.build/root-libcryptopp-shlibs-5.6.5-13...
> Error: Name '/sw/lib/libcryptopp.dylib' specified in Shlibs does not match
> install_name
> '/sw/src/fink.build/root-libcryptopp-5.6.5-13/sw/lib/libcryptopp.dylib'
> Error: package contains the shared library
>          /sw/lib/libcryptopp.dylib
>       but the corresponding install_name and compatibility_version
>          %p/src/fink.build/root-libcryptopp-5.6.5-13/sw/lib/libcryptopp.dylib
> 5.6.0
>       are not listed in the Shlibs field.  See the packaging manual.
>

> Any help is of course very much appreciated!
> Scott
>
> Dr. Scott Hannahs, Director of Scientific Instrumentation and Operations
> Distinguished University Scholar
> National High Magnetic Field Laboratory, Florida State University
> http://sthmac.magnet.fsu.edu
> 1800 E. Paul Dirac Dr., Tallahassee FL 32310, (850)644-0216/FAX 644-0534
>
>       "OS X: because making Unix user-friendly was easier than debugging
> Windows."
>

> -

What’s going on here is that the package's build system has encoded the install
directory location /sw/src/fink.build/root-libcryptopp-5.6.5-13/  into the
binary.  That’s not going to work.

You’ll need to use “install_name_tool -id %p/lib/libcryptopp.dylib
%i/lib/libcryptopp.dylib” to change that.

--
Alexander Hansen, Ph.D.
Fink User Liaison