Late last night I did a `fink selfupdate-cvs` and `fink update-all`
and it looks like the xfree86 upgrade didn't work properly.  I
ended up with this:

  Preparing to replace xfree86-base 4.1.0-9 (using 
.../xfree86-base_4.2.0-1_darwin-powerpc.deb) ...
  Unpacking replacement xfree86-base ...
  dpkg: error processing 
/sw/fink/dists/unstable/main/binary-darwin-powerpc/x11-system/xfree86-base_4.2.0-1_darwin-powerpc.deb
 (--install):
   trying to overwrite `/usr/X11R6/include/GL/gl.h', which is also in package 
xfree86-rootless
  dpkg-deb: subprocess paste killed by signal (Broken pipe)
  Errors were encountered while processing:
   
/sw/fink/dists/unstable/main/binary-darwin-powerpc/x11-system/xfree86-base_4.2.0-1_darwin-powerpc.deb
  ### dpkg failed, exit code 1
  Failed: can't install package xfree86-base-4.2.0-1

I remember a discussion saying it was supposed to conflict with
xfree86-rootless so it would upgrade over it, but it appears to
have not worked.  I'm going to force a remove on xfree86-rootless
and try installing, but I thought I would give you a heads up
that it didn't upgrade over the old one.  =)

-- 
Ben Reed a.k.a. Ranger Rick ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
http://defiance.dyndns.org/ / http://radio.scenespot.org/
Frankenstein was the creator -- not the monster.  It's a common
misconception, held by all truly stupid people. -- Kryten

_______________________________________________
Fink-users mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/fink-users

Reply via email to