So you're saying that if you delete all of the .info and .patch files and do
a selfupdate-cvs you can't get it to work?

If that's the case, try this:  rename (sudo mv) /sw/fink/dists to
/sw/fink/dists.old , or something like that.  Then do the selfupdate-cvs
again.  A directory tree with appropriate permissions and containing the
.info and .patch files should be generated (I've tried this out before).  If
that works, then before you delete dists.old, you may want to copy any .deb
files under dists.old to their appropriate locations under dists .

--
Alexander K. Hansen
Associate Research Scientist, Columbia University, LDX Collaboration