On Tuesday, March 5, 2002, at 02:40 , Francois Felix Ingrand wrote:

> As reported yesterday, I have some problems with psync under OSX with
> files
> on a distant AFP server (another OSX machine) end up with one or two
> second
> of mtime difference.
>
> I modified psync to use another signature (mtime/60)... not perfect,
> but it
> sure solves my problem.
>
> My guess is that for unexplained reasons (but I had similar pb with
> Synchronize pro X) the two files end up with a sligh time
> difference... therefore, one need such mechanism to check if the mtime
> are
> "equal within some lag". Dividing by 60 (i.e. looking at minutes) is
> not the
> perfect solution, but I could not come up with a better scheme ...
>
> Any suggestions?

Disclaimer:  I don't know anything about psync, but....

The usual thing to do is to copy the source file's modification
time after copying the file itself.  If psync doesn't do that,
then you're just playing a numbers game on yourself, waiting for
some file to take longer to copy than the difference for which
you're checking.

See, e.g., the "-p" option to cp(1) and tar(1), touch(1), and
utimes(2).

HTH,
Dan

--
This email impairs your ability to operate heavy machinery.
<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>