Don McKenzie Paul wrote:

> To get system-tetex to update I find that I have to remove lyx,revtex
> and natbib, then install them after the update. Is this what I should
> expect?

Try "fink describe system-tetex".  It will reproduce, among other things,
the detailed description, which says in part:

 Because of the complicated interaction between Wierda's distribution and
 fink, if you need to update this package or to switch between system-tetex
 and the fink tetex packages tetex-texmf and tetex-base, you must first
 remove
 all packages which depend on tetex, such as latex2html or xdvi.  You can
 reinstall them after the update.

  -- Dave