Fink selfupdate has me trying to upgrade GnuCash, but it won't work
because it seems to think guppi isn't available:

  checking for libguppi - version >= 0.35.1... no
  *** Could not run libguppi test program, checking why...
  *** The test program failed to compile or link. See the file config.log for the
  *** exact error that occured. This usually means libguppi was incorrectly installed
  *** or that you have moved libguppi since it was installed. In the latter case, you
  *** may want to edit the gnome-config script: /sw/bin/gnome-config
  configure: error: libguppi not found
  ### ./configure failed, exit code 1
  Failed: compiling gnucash-1.6.6-3 failed

But Guppi is installed, and a newer version at that:

  % fink info guppi
  Information about 958 packages read in 19 seconds.
  pkg guppi  version ###
  pkg guppi  version 0.40.2-2

  guppi-0.40.2-2: a GNOME-based framework for graphing and interactive
  data analysis.
   Guppi is a library that can be used to extend other programs.
   Your own programs can either link directly to Guppi's shared libraries,
   or can embed Guppi plots via Bonobo, GNOME's component architecture.
   .
   Web site: http://www.gnome.org/guppi
   .
   Porting Notes:
   -flat_namespace LDFLAG needed to link indirectly referenced symbols.
   Patch to configure to get flags right for dynamic linking.
   .
   Maintainer: Jeffrey Whitaker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

And the libguppi file (& many variants) does seem to be available:

  % find /sw -name '*libguppi*' -print
  /sw/include/gnome-1.0/libguppi
  /sw/include/gnome-1.0/libguppitank
  /sw/include/libguppi
  /sw/lib/libguppi.15.0.0.dylib
  /sw/lib/libguppi.15.dylib
  /sw/lib/libguppi.dylib
  /sw/lib/libguppi.la
  /sw/lib/libguppiConf.sh
  /sw/lib/libguppitank.15.0.0.dylib
  /sw/lib/libguppitank.15.dylib
  /sw/lib/libguppitank.dylib
  /sw/lib/libguppitank.la
  /sw/share/aclocal/libguppi.m4

...so I can't figure out what is making GnuCash's configure script think
that the library isn't available, because it seems like it should be.

Any thoughts? That config.log file is much too long to paste here, so I'm
putting it (and a build log) on my iTools account in case it'll help:

  http://homepage.mac.com/chdevers/fink/gnucash-config.log.txt
  http://homepage.mac.com/chdevers/fink/gnucash-build.log.txt

Thanks. :)

--
Chris Devers                                [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Apache / mod_perl / http://homepage.mac.com/chdevers/resume/

"More war soon. You know how it is."    -- mnftiu.cc