At 10:21 Uhr -0500 23.04.2002, Zorro wrote:
>Why would that not show up in my fink list after a fink selfupdate-cvs?
>Yes, I read the packaging page but all I - a non-programmer - could
>glean was that several packages could be set up to use the same info
>and patch files.

I am not sure I get your question. You want to know why
"splitoff/gimp-1.2.3-5" is not to be seen in "fink list", maybe? Well
simple, there is no such pacakge, nor is there a public available
"gimp-1.2.3-5" package. It's true we have such an internal version,
but if I was you, I'd not bother to even think about it until we
release it - unless you are a developer, fully understand all the
gory details and are willing to take the risks without shouting for
helper later on :-)

Remember the old computer maxime: "The latest is almost never the
greatest - wait till they have released at least one update."

Max