Anthony Michael Agelastos wrote:

> Hello and thank you for your help. I want to install Octave and can't seem
> to. Here is what happens. I go to install Octave and the dependencies make
> it want to install tetex-base and system-tetex, which are in direct conflict
> with each other. Help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Fink asks you to make choices during the install process.

If you have installed teTeX independently of Fink (using Gerben Weirda's
distribution which accompanies TeXShop) then when you are asked to make
a choice, you should always choose system-tetex.

If you have not installed teTeX independently of Fink, then when you are
asked to make a choice you should never choose system-tetex.

  HTH,
  Dave