At 15:54 Uhr -0600 09.05.2002, Justin Hallett wrote:
>fink's esound needs OSX (Aqua) because the port uses it's CoreAudio API
>not found on the stand alone version of darwin.

Exactly. However, in theory you might be able to modify the esound
package to use no audio output at all, i.e. removing the CoreAudio
code. Then you won't get any sound, but at least you can isntall it
and other Gnome packages.

I have no clue at all how Darwin (sans Mac OS X) supports Audio, if
at all, so no way to write a audio output code, unless somebody finds
out how to do it.

Cheers,

Max
Max Horn