Thanks for clarifying the situation.  I was basing the availability on
Fink Commander's display, which shows binary availability for tetex-texmf.
This must be because I have the package built, so there is a binary on my
system.
--
Alexander K. Hansen
Associate Research Scientist, Columbia University