Okay,

Finally found out the error that was causing install of qt3 to fail at
patch.  Using the .patch file it tries to patch "qconfig.h".  However, this
file is not found.  So it hangs up.  Is patch supposed to hang like this
when a file it's trying to patch doesn't exist?  Anyway, it's something that
might want to be looked at.

qt3 is currently compiling with gcc 3.1.  I'm keeping my figures crossed.

Thanks.

  Jeff