On Friday, May 31, 2002, at 05:55 , Jeff Whitaker wrote:

> I bet you are trying to build xfree on a UFS partition.  This is
> currently
> impossible - you have to either build it on HFS+ or install the binary
> package.
>
> -Jeff
>
>  On Fri, 31 May 2002, scmarcos wrote:
>
>> At 4:28 PM +0200 5/31/02, Jean-François Mertens wrote:

>>> 3) Clobbered Makefiles generated by imake (one contiguous block with
>>> length an
>>> exact multiple of 1024 bytes replaced by junk of exactly the same
>>> length, seeming
>>> to come from an intermediate form of what the final Makefile should
>>> be) typically
>>> generate such 'Missing Separator' messages, and are the typical
>>> problem of trying
>>> to build xfree86-base on UFS.
>>> If you're building on UFS _ you should have told it _, then build
>>> xfree86-base on a
>>> different HFS+ partition _ until Apple fixes its system...
>>
>> No UFS, just plain old vanilla HFS+

Jeff, the reason I wasn't sure in this case, and just asked the question
as 3d, is that on UFS
this trouble happens typically only with a ('random') couple of
Makefiles among the hundreds that are
generated _ hence in quite unlikely to occur at the very first one. And
in addition, he had the
same problem before, in the first Makefile generated in libxpm _ where I
never heard of any problem.

Jean-Francois