Just did 'fink install zope', but when I try to start zope with
'zopectl start' I get the following error:

Starting Zope...Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/sw/sbin/zope-z2", line 484, in ?
     zdaemon.run(sys.argv, os.path.join(CLIENT_HOME, Zpid))
   File "/sw/lib/zope/lib/python/zdaemon/Daemon.py", line 74, in run
     pf = open(pidfile, 'w+')
IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied:
'/sw/var/lib/zope/var/zProcessManager.pid'

Checking out the file permissions, it appears that the zope folder
/sw/var/lib/zope is owned by root (group admin), the var folder
contained within it is owned by www (group admin), as are its
contents. Nothing seems to weird there.

Does fink installed Zope currently work?

--
Adrian

e-mail <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Web Site <http://www.cubitum.co.uk>
NS/AOL and Yahoo Instant Message ID <adrianatcubitum>
ICQ <116419539>