At 20:29 Uhr -0400 22.06.2002, Jeremy Erwin wrote:
>On Saturday, June 22, 2002, at 08:04  PM, Koen van der Drift wrote:
>
>>At 7:16 PM -0400 6/22/02, Jeremy Erwin wrote:
>>
>>>"fink cleanup" removes obsolete .deb packages, saving some diskspace. I
>>>believe it is only available with recent CVS copies of fink.
>>
>>Hmm, that's strange - I believe I have the latest cvs. Here's my terminal
>>output:
>>
>>[localhost:~] koen% fink -V
>>Package manager version: 0.9.12
>>Distribution version: 0.4.0.cvs
>>[localhost:~] koen% fink cleanup
>>fink: unknown command "cleanup".
>>Type 'fink --help' for more information.
>>[localhost:~] koen%
>>

>Yes, but you don't have:
>
>[callisto:~] jeremy% fink --version
>Package manager version: 0.9.12.cvs
>Distribution version: 0.4.0.cvs
>
>selfupdate-cvs only updates the packages. You'll have to check the
>fink package out of cvs.
>
>The usual mantra of fink maintainers seems to be "cvs doesn't mean
>unstable. It means "up-to-date". But that applies only to the
>distribution version-- cvs versions of the "package manager" are
>less stable.

Or in yet other words:
CVS (= not released) versions of the Fink package manager are to be
used at your own risk, and usually are only interesting for
develeopers, not for "normal" users. No support will be given for
problems with it (of course we will still fix bug reports if
possible, but don't be suprised if certain things don't work.
<PSEUDO-LEGAL>

>BTW, in a previous message, I said that "fink cleanup" cleans out
>obsolete debs. Now that I've actually looked at the source, I should
>add that it also cleans out obsolete source tarballs.

No it doesn't do that! It will do it eventually, but right now it
only cleans the .deb files.

>The subroutine in question (cmd_cleanup) is contained in Fink;:Engine.pm.

Cheers,

Max
Max Horn
Software Developer