The number of problem files is extensive. I'd be surprised if it isn't
every single one. You really don't want the complete list! I've been
pondering blowing away the whole sw directory and reinstalling fink.
That give you an idea of the number of files... and every time I delete
them, then update, I end up back right where I was before.
Joe
On Monday, June 24, 2002, at 12:39 PM, Chris Devers wrote:

> Koen van der Drift wrote:
>
>> Wouldn't it be much easier to move all info and patch files (in
>> /sw/fink/dists/stable (or local or unstable) /main/finkinfo) to temp
>> directories and then do a selfupdate-cvs instead of moving them one by
>> one? After the update has worked ok, you can then then throw out the
>> temp files. Or will this give additional problems?
>
> Aside from a big, slow update, no it shouldn't really cause any
> problems.
> If the number of problem files is rather small, this could be
> overkill --
> I personally would just move the offending ones to save network time
> etc.
> But you're right -- "mv /sw/fink/dists /sw/fink/dusts" (etc) would work.
>

> -- Chris Devers   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> DO  NOT  LEAVE  IT  IS  NOT  REAL

Joseph C. Slater, PhD, PE, Associate Professor
Dept. of Mechanical and Materials Engg, Wright State University
3640 Colonel Glenn Highway, Dayton, OH 45435
Phone: (+1) 937-775-5085, Fax: (+1) 937-775-5009
http://www.engineering.wright.edu/~jslater