It's possible I don't understand what hold means in dselect. Since
orbit-0.5.15-2 consistently fails to compile, I set orbit (0.5.12-1) to
hold in dselect. Now I expect that when I do fink update-all it will update
everything except orbit, since it is flagged hold. This is not the case. It
still tries to update it.

Note that I have added unstable/main to my Trees in the fink.conf and that
I have fink set to self-update using cvs. One way or another, however, I
wish to stay with orbit-0.5.12-1 while updating everything else. I can't
seem to do it with dselect. I can't seem to do it with fink update-all. I
can't seem to do it with dpkg or apt-get. I'm going to try doing it one
package at a time with FinkCommander, but I don't like that as a general
solution.

Any thoughts?

--Greg