hi,

i have the very same problem.

since martin costabel provided me with a working .deb file, the problem seems
to arise during compile time. i compared his (working) compile.log with mine
and only found very few differences.

the difference i found very strage is that he has the line
 checking for XieFloGeometry in -lXIE... yes
 checking for X11/extensions/XIElib.h... yes
whereas i have 'no'

does anybody know, where i can get the XIE library from?

there are further differences, but they might not be relevant:

working version uses:
 /usr/bin/install -c (mac osx)
 /usr/bin/xargs      (mac osx)
 gawk