Fink has two packages providing alternative versions of /sw/bin/man:

Scot Ballard wrote:
> I am not using jaguar yet, but man does seem to be a shell script on
> the stock fink distro.
>
> Mon 1:46:32am ~{810} %fink --version
> Package manager version: 0.9.12
> Distribution version: 0.4.0
> Mon 1:46:43am ~{811} %file /sw/bin/man
> /sw/bin/man: Bourne shell script text

This comes form the 'manconf' package.

> --- [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
[]
>>$ file /sw/bin/man
>>/sw/bin/man: Mach-O executable ppc
>>$ dpkg -S /sw/bin/man
>>man: /sw/bin/man

This is the 'man' package.

'manconf' was preferred by many (me, for instance), because 'man' pulls
in a whole bunch of dependencies, up to xfree86 and anacron. 'manconf'
is just a wrapper script for Apple's /usr/bin/man. Alas, 'manconf'
doesn't work on Jaguar any more (but is probably unnecessary, too).

--
Martin