On Thu, 29 Aug 2002, Jeremy T. Fox wrote:

> Jeffrey,
>
> As a followup to my own message, on 10.2 LyX 1.2.0 fails to compile at
> the very end. I wonder if this is due to the changes in the C++
> libraries in GCC 3.1?
>
> c++ -O -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions -o lyx BufferView.o BufferView2.o
> BufferView_pimpl.o Bullet.o Chktex.o ColorHandler.o CutAndPaste.o
> DepTable.o FloatList.o Floating.o FontInfo.o FontLoader.o FuncStatus.o
> LColor.o LaTeX.o LaTeXFeatures.o LyXAction.o LyXView.o MenuBackend.o
> Painter.o PainterBase.o ParagraphParameters.o Spacing.o TextCache.o
> Thesaurus.o ToolbarDefaults.o WorkArea.o XFormsView.o box.o buffer.o
> bufferlist.o bufferparams.o bufferview_funcs.o chset.o converter.o
> debug.o encoding.o exporter.o font.o gettext.o importer.o intl.o
> iterators.o kbmap.o kbsequence.o language.o lastfiles.o lengthcommon.o
> lyx_cb.o lyx_gui.o lyx_main.o lyx_sty.o lyxcursor.o lyxfont.o lyxfind.o
> lyxfunc.o lyxgluelength.o lyxlayout.o lyxlength.o lyxlex.o
> lyxlex_pimpl.o lyxlookup.o lyxrc.o lyxrow.o lyxserver.o lyxtextclass.o
> lyxtextclasslist.o lyxvc.o main.o minibuffer.o paragraph.o
> paragraph_pimpl.o screen.o sp_spell.o tabular.o tabular-old.o
> tabular_funcs.o tex-accent.o tex-strings.o texrow.o text.o text2.o
> tracer.o trans.o trans_mgr.o undo.o undo_funcs.o undostack.o
> vc-backend.o version.o vspace.o  -L/sw/lib mathed/.libs/libmathed.a
> insets/.libs/libinsets.a frontends/.libs/libfrontends.a -lforms -lXpm
> graphics/.libs/libgraphics.a support/.libs/libsupport.a
> ../sigc++/.libs/libsigc.a -lintl -liconv -ljpeg -lSM -lICE -lc -lm
> -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lX11
> ld: warning multiple definitions of symbol _locale_charset
> /sw/lib/libintl.dylib(localcharset.lo) definition of _locale_charset
> /sw/lib/libiconv.dylib(localcharset.lo) definition of _locale_charset
> ld: Undefined symbols:
> boost::detail::crc_table_t<(unsigned long)32, (unsigned)79764919,
> (bool)1>::table_
> make[3]: *** [lyx] Error 1
> make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
> make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> ### execution of  failed, exit code 2
> Failed: compiling lyx-1.2.0-6 failed

Yes, I know that one.  It's fixed in the lyx-1.2.1 package in the new
"10.2" tree.  You can check it out from CVS and copy the .info file to
your unstable directory (see my earlier posting this AM).

> Here are some other problems that I came across during creating
> dependencies:
>
> 1. There was some multiple-choice dependency that crashed "fink install
> lyx" because one of the options, xfree-base, was already installed. I
> fixed this by manually installing the LyX dependency lists. I was
> unable to figure out just what the dependency was.

I think this is related to the "rman" dependency in gv.  Somehow the
"Provides: rman" got removed from the xfree86-base package.  I've
re-inserted it, so this shouldn't now be a problem.  One of the choices
you were presented with was rman, if you had chosen this it probably would
have worked.  Nevertheless, it is (was?) a bug.

> 2. The file for pspell is not a correct gzip archive, but I was able to
> extract it using Stuffit Expander, and then re-tar and gzip it from the
> command line using Apple's tools. I then placed the new file in the
> correct location and the install worked.

Hmm.  I hate it when the software maintainers post bad tarballs.

> 3. The package aspell did not compile. I switched to ispell and moved
> on.

Yes, aspell is broken with the c++ in the 10.2 dev tools.  I'm working on
it, but have no good ideas at this point.  Using ispell instead is a good
idea.

> Remember, I am using the unstable tree here.
>
> Just letting you know, Jeremy

Thanks!

-Jeff

--
Jeffrey S. Whitaker         Phone : (303)497-6313
NOAA/OAR/CDC  R/CDC1        FAX   : (303)497-6449