On Mon, 2002-09-30 at 23:24, Martin Costabel wrote:
> Guido Amoruso wrote:
> []
> > 1. I have a new ibook with an Italian keyboard, but on X-Window I cannot
> > get the right character correspondences. Now, with debian I get X
> > configured through /etc/X11/XFconfig-4 -or somthing similar- but I
> > cannot find anywhere how to configure it on MacOSX - with the XDarwin
> > menu I cannot get it working :-(
>
> Did you choose Italiano.keymap in Preferences->Startup? What doesn't work?
Yes, I tryed, but the assaciation between the characters on my keyboard
and those on the screen was competely wrong! Now I am using UK.keymap
which works well except for key combination (Shift/Alt+other key)

> > 2. And right/middle clik emulation for my trackpad?
>
> Cmd-click=middle, alt-click=right. Configurable in the Preferences.
Now I have understood: there is a bug in the preferences menu, as 2nd
button and 3rd button are inverted!

> > 3. I would like to compile Noteedit (a very good Musical Notation
> > program), but it depends on tse3 (a Midi library). Neither of them get
> > compiled (nor Noteedit --without-libs) - I have set in the right way all
> > vatiables, as said in Fink FAQs. Can you help me somewhay?
>
> You would have to tell more precisely what you do and what happens.
I will do!

> > 4. What about Balsa and Galeon?
>
> If you would like to have packages that don't yet exist, you can write
> to the package-request tracker (link on the fink.sf.net page)
Thank you for you suggestion.

Guido